Holiday weekends tend to see an uptick in drunk driving arrests, accidents, and fatalities.
Did you know…
- July 4th is one of the deadliest holidays due to drunk driving.
- On July 4th in 2017, 40% of all traffic deaths were alcohol-related.
- Most drunk driving accidents occur between 12am and 3am.
- The average cost of getting a DUI is $10,000.
Take steps to stay safe this holiday weekend, without sacrificing any of the fun!
- If you’ve had too much to drink, call an Uber or Lyft to bring you back home.
- Assign someone in your group to be the designated sober driver. Remember, even one drink can impact your ability to drive safely.
- Pack and drink plenty of water! This will keep you hydrated, and slow down your alcohol intake.
From all of us at Melowski & Singh, LLC, happy 4th of July!