When facing charges of a third DUI in Wisconsin, trust the experienced attorneys at Melowski & Singh, LLC, to provide exceptional legal representation. Our dedicated team of skilled attorneys is well-versed in Wisconsin's DUI laws and committed to delivering strong defense strategies for our clients. With a deep understanding of the gravity of your situation, we are unwavering in our commitment to protecting your rights and pursuing the best possible outcome for your case. Rely on our Sheboygan third DUI attorneys for trusted advocacy during this challenging time.
Are you facing a third DUI charge in Wisconsin? Call Melowski & Singh, LLC today at (920) 294-1414 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our third DUI attorney in Sheboygan!
What are the Penalties for a Third DUI in Wisconsin?
A conviction for a third DUI in Wisconsin carries significant penalties. These penalties include:
- Mandatory jail time of 45 days to one year
- License revocation lasting two to three years
Fines that increase based on breath or blood test results:
- Fines double at .17 - .199 (up to $4,000)
- Fines triple at .20 - .249 (up to $6,000)
- Fines quadruple at .25 and above (up to $8,000)
- Mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device
- Mandatory alcohol counseling
How to Avoid Jail Time for a 3rd DUI in Wisconsin
It is generally advisable to seek the help of a qualified attorney if you have been charged with a 3rd DUI in Wisconsin. A skilled lawyer will be able to examine the specific circumstances of your case and advise you on the best course of action to take. They may be able to negotiate a plea bargain on your behalf or defend you in court in an effort to avoid jail time.
There are a few things you can do to try to avoid jail time for a 3rd DUI in Wisconsin:
- Seek treatment for any underlying substance abuse issues. A judge may be more lenient if they see that you are taking steps to address any substance abuse problems you may have.
- Take responsibility for your actions and show remorse. A sincere apology and an acknowledgement of the harm you have caused may be taken into consideration by the judge when deciding on your sentence.
- Comply with all requirements of your pretrial release. This includes abstaining from alcohol and drug use, attending all scheduled court appearances, and following any other conditions set by the court.
- Consider enrolling in a rehabilitation program. A judge may be more likely to impose a sentence of rehabilitation instead of jail time if they see that you are actively working to address any substance abuse issues you may have.
Again, it is strongly recommended that you seek the advice of a qualified attorney if you have been charged with a 3rd DUI in Wisconsin. They will be able to provide you with the best guidance on how to proceed and help you try to avoid jail time.
Contact Our Sheboygan Third DUI Attorney Today
At Melowski & Singh, we are a DUI defense firm that prioritizes genuine defense strategies. We understand that years of experience and memberships on boards alone are insufficient in demonstrating true success. Mere claims of minimizing consequences and protecting rights do not guarantee acquittals. Instead, we measure success by preventing a third DUI offense from appearing on your record. We measure success by securing outcomes that involve no fines or jail time imposed against our clients. We measure success when our clients can maintain their ability to operate their vehicles with a valid driver's license legally. Achieving these results requires our unwavering commitment to aggressive advocacy, innovative strategies, and thorough pursuit of the facts. At Melowski & Singh, our ultimate goal is to protect your rights and minimize the long-term impact of a third DUI offense.
Contact Melowski & Singh, LLC today to schedule a FREE consultation with our third DUI lawyer in Sheboygan!